The terms and policies set forth below cover the usage and protection of your data when you use using the www.aspherix-dem.com, www.cfdem.com and www.dcs-computing.com websites (the “Websites”). The www.cfdem.com website is operated by CFDEMresearch GmbH and the www.aspherix-dem.com and www.dcs-computing.com websites are operated DCS Computing GmbH (short: “DCS”). “Operator” or “Operators” refers to both DCS Computing GmbH and CFDEMresearch GmbH, in the context of the website they are operating. The Operators reserve the right to modify any of the terms and policies at any time without prior notice. Your use of the Websites following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms as changed. So it is recommended that you periodically check if any changes have been made.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is being introduced to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect the data privacy of all EU citizens’ data, and to shape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. GDPR replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and it comes into force on May 25th, 2018. The Operators understand the importance of putting privacy and data protection and they are therefore committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should the Operators ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The Operators have also ensured that all third party vendors have validated their GDPR compliance.
This Privacy Statement tells you what the Operators use your personal information for and explains your rights around their usage.
If you provide the Operators with personal information about someone else, please make sure you have their permission and please make them aware of this Privacy Statement as it also applies to them.
Information the Operators May Collect and Process:
The Operators may collect and process the following categories of data:
• full name, company affiliation, business address and job title
• contact information including email address, telephone number, address
• payment details
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
Information You Give to the Operators Will Be Used by the Operators:
• to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Operators and to provide you with the information, products or services that you request from the Operators
• to provide you with a quote
• to receive payment
• to organize your participation in training courses/conferences
• to provide customer care and service
• to comply with any law and regulations where the Operators are required to do so
• for internal record keeping
• to use the information to improve our products and services
• to provide you with information about new products, special offers or other information which the Operators think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and only in the case you have agreed to receive updates on new releases, newsletters, products and services
• to use your information from time to time to contact you for market research purposes. The Operators may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
• to use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Who the Operators Share Your Personal Information With:
The Operators will never sell your information and they are not authorized to pass the data to third parties. They only may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Third-party service providers to provide websites and application development, hosting
• Data storage partners
• Partners who provide payment processing facilities on the behalf of the Operators
The Operators have ensured that all third party vendors have validated their GDPR compliance. They may disclose your personal information to third parties only if they are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect their rights, property, or safety, its customers, or others.
The Operators are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. They take what it considers to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to your personal data. The Operators are required to implement technical and organizational measures according to Art 32 GDPR prior to the beginning of the collection, processing or subsequent use of the personal data. While no system is completely secure, the Operators believe the measures implemented reduce their vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure the Operators have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information the Operators collect online. The Operators make sure that by contracting with third parties all necessary measures have been taken to ensure the safety of the processing under Art 28 in conjunction with Art 32 GDPR.
Although the Operators will do their best to protect your personal data, they cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to them. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once the Operators receive your personal data, they use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access.
Your data may be processed and stored on the Operators’ or third party providers’ computers in Austria or other countries where the Operators or their services providers or distribution partners have a presence.
Controlling/Deletion of Personal Information
You may request details of personal information which the Operators hold about you (‘access right’). If you believe that any information they are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email them as soon as possible (‘right to rectification’). The Operators will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Specific legal periods are in place for payments details, tax and invoicing data, and this would be retained in accordance with the law.
The Operators use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps them analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. The Operators only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help the Operators provide you with a better website, by enabling them to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives the Operators access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with the Operators.
Last change on: 18.07.2019